Saturday, March 24, 2007

Shabbat Shalom - Zachio and Daddio Style

So today Z and I went to the supermarket in town to get our Passover munchies.
Believe it or not there was a selection of Matzo – 4 different brands – did you know that there were that many? As I am putting all of the goodies into the cart, Z is pointing at the shelf asking what is that? I did my best to explain Passover candy, chips, potato noodles, etc to the little man. He points at Shabbas candles and asks “Daddy what are those?” When I tell them they are candles – his eyes light up. Daddy can we light the menorah?! So I add the candles to our cart of Judaic.

Prior to dinner Z and I decided to have our own little Shabbas – complete with Challah, grape juice and the candles. Although Z wanted to use the menorah – I knew that wasn’t what we were suppose to do (9 years of Hebrew school taught me something!). Unfortunately, I do not own candlesticks. So I was in the quandary – how was I suppose to light the candles without candle holders. I thought back to all my years of religious school training and had a faint memory of making candlesticks out of clay. So I made candlesticks out of playdo (McGuyver eat your heart out!)! Z picked the color so don't comment on the pink candlesticks. Just to warn everyone playdo will catch fire or atleast burn if exposed to flames! =)



Other highlights of Friday with the little man – he used the potty by himself – wouldn’t even let me in the bathroom! After doing his business he came out all proud of himself – the best part he didn’t even know his pants were on back words! Ignorance is bliss!
Here is Zachio with his pants on backwards and a matching face!

1 comment:

heidiy said...

Jake... Jon & I are in one of your fave places... the Wegman's Internet Cafe! We looked for you guys, but couldn't find you.

I LOVED the pic of Z & his backwards pants!!! All these State Collegians are wondering why I'm laughing so hard. :)

Happy Passover... and please be careful about what you catch fire!