Wednesday, April 25, 2007

A Monkey Clock!

The other day it dawned on me that I probably need more than 1 set of sheets. (For the last several months I have just washed the set I have and put them back on the bed when they are dry!) So Zachio and I went to Target to get some sheets. While I was trying to decipher the difference between a 450 thread count and a 300 thread count fitted sheet, Z noticed a clock shaped like a monkey.


Z: Daddy can I get it. Daddy I need a monkey clock! As he is begging he is dragging the clock behind him.


D: Z why do you need a clock?



Z: Ummm, its a monkey clock! (As if everyone has a basic need of a monkey clock.)



D: No, you can't get the monkey clock maybe some other time - I told him. Luckily at almost three he still buys that line!


So after much humming and hawwing Z and I get out of the store with a set of sheets and a no monkey clock. Later in the day, after Z has gone to his mother's I think to myself - everyone does have a need for a monkey clock, specially an almost 3 year old boy! So I drive back out to Target and get him the monkey clock! (Am I still a softy if I wait a few hours before I give in?!?) . When I get home I hang it up in his room.


As always my time without Z flies by and before I know it he is back at home with me! (It always seems that he comes home as soon as I the house is clean!!!) By this point in time I being myself have completely forgotten about the monkey clockk. Z and I spend the day playing, reading and have a good old time.

At some point during the day he runs into his room and sees the monkey clock.


Z: Daddy, a Monkey Clock! A Monkey Clock! Daddio, there is a Monkey Clock! You got me a Monkey CLOCK! He screams at the top of his lungs and is literally bouncing of the walls! It is the happiest I have seen the happy guy!


D: "Zachio, do you know why I got you a monkey clock?"


Z: CAUSE YOU LOVE ME!!!!!!!!


My heart instantly melted - not that I want him to associate things with love, but because he knows I love him. Better yet he verbalized it! It is so sweet- in his world giving a monkey clock can signify so much. We should all go out and give monkey clocks to those that are special to us!







The Clock!














How I looked when Z told me he knows I love him

1 comment:

Shaila said...

Best story I will hear all day! Nicole