Monday, January 15, 2007

The adventure begins!

So this weekend was the 2nd for my new family. Zachio and I had a blast as usual. Spent a good deal of time hanging out at home playing. Sung our theme song - Ziggy Zachy Ziggy Zachy - Oy Oy Oy (Man Show anyone?). We invested in more little people (toys not midgets)! We added a medic and a fire truck, a leapard, hippopatomus and a little kid. Slowly rebuilding our little army. Not sure why but Zachio had the hippopatomus serve as the pilot but he did. I'd thought that perhaps the leopard would be a better pick - but nope. Hippopatomus is the pilot - I was told.


Not nearly as cool as toys but we also bought a stereo. Zachio actually help pick it out. "Dat one, That one - the black one daddio". Who am I to argue, it is going to play his "wheels on the bus" CD so he should have a say. Well be the frugal shopper that I am - we purchased it at the Super Walmart. We get it home and take it out of the box. Luckily my skills as an A/V expert (one summer i built a speaker with my grandfather) enabled me to connect everything without the instructions. Now this stereo has 3 CD changer - well changer is a misnomer (although it was on the box), rather it has 3 places to put in a CD. Once I get it set -up I quickly put in 3 cds (toddler tunes, farm songs and Tom Petty). Guess what - CD player 1 makes an awful racket and stops spinning 10 s into Old MacDonald! My brand new stereo is dysfunctional - I definately pissed off the powers to be. =) Luckily I am getting wise in my old age and actually saved the packing material. Even more surprising I got it back into the box. Will see how returning it goes!


Two main highlights for this weekend. Zach has a new best friend and they started a band! Zach was playing bass and Dorin was playing lead guitar, vocals were shared! I got a pic on my phone - but haven't figured how to get it off yet. (Don't worry the digital camera is coming). And to Zachio's delight Dorin's couch cushions come off and he knows how to make forts. oh I wish I was 2.5 again!!


Second highlight, which I dedicate to my dad (aka little Zade), Zachio and I went car shopping - alright it was browsing - the dealership wasn't open - but we were looking. So I have decided I need to get a sports car - I know I am to young for a midlife crisis - but post divorce I need to reinvent myself. So I have been looking at sports cars - or as Zachio says - Race Cars! The main limitation to this dream - I have to fit a car seat in the sports car - not that many models.


This weekend we spent some time at a Dodge dealership. No real reason except it was on the way home from Toys R Us. So we perused the cars - thinking the dodge charger might be it. check it out. So the best news it won AAA car of the year! Not only is it a muscle car, but its practical - and it has a back seat. Vrrrmmmm - Zachio and Daddio agree.


So if you folks have any suggestions for Zachio and Daddio's mobile - think were gonna call it the DZ-mobile (just like the batmobile - but no tights!) - feel free to post.

No comments: