Sunday, January 28, 2007

Music Class Mishaps






Another wonderful weekend has come to an end. Hanging with the little man is so much fun. I almost forget that I have to plan 2 lectures, write a grant or two and analyze a boat load of data. It will all wait!

Saturday started off with Zachio waking up at 5:30 am – which would not be that bad if we were going fishing, or had to get to milk the cows, but we weren’t. I nicely asked if he go back to bed – NO daddio – breakfast. I still haven’t figured out how I can justify giving him food before the sun raises. So I opened 1 eye and carried him downstairs. You think that someone who was so eager to eat would be willing to help get breakfast ready. NOPE! Zachio refused to let go of me. So I had to get breakfast ready 1 handed and 1 eyed! True – all I had to do was grab a bowl, a cup and a box a cereal!

After he ate breakfast – pretty sure he had 2 bowls of cereal (guess he was hungry). I offered to read to him. So we climbed onto the couch, pulled up the blanket and started reading. A few books into our reading marathon, I passed out (mid story =). I woke up 45 minutes later and Zachio is still reading (looking at the pictures and telling a story)!!!

After getting showered (daddio only) and dressed we headed to the bakery – our normal Saturday morning ritual. Zachio got a frog and cow sugar cookie, I got a coffee – trying to fight the fatigue. He spends the whole time flirting with the attractive women who works there. Actually he spends the first 45 seconds devouring his cookies then spends the rest of the time flirting!









So after the bakery we head to the long awaited music class. Zachio took music class last spring and had a ball. The didn’t offer music class over the summer and since life wasn’t normal this past fall – this was the first time he could take it again. Class mainly involves singing kid songs, banging on drums, and the parents making fools of themselves dancing around =)

I have a confession – as we drove to music class I realized I had no idea when class started. I signed him up in the beginning of the month – and I have had a couple things on my mind – so I completely forgot. I am sure that I wrote it down on one of my infamous scraps of papers – but I couldn’t find it! So I figure I play it safe and get there at 9 am – ask at the desk and go from there. Seemed like a good plan. I pulled up to the cultural center and the parking lot was empty. Not a good sign.

I get Zachio into the center and nicely ask the receptionist. Oh yes class is at 9 am in room 109. Zachio and I head down the stairs – and once we get to the basement (yes room 109 is in the basement) I realize the lights are off. I find the light switch, turn on the lights and we go to room 109. Guess what – nobody is there. I look at my watch and its 8:50 am. So I figure maybe we are just early. Now the entire time this is going on Zachio is chanting MUSIC CLASS! MUSIC CLASS! MUSIC CLASS! So it takes a little persuasion to get him to leave the room. I double check with the receptionist that class starts at 9 am – she assures me it does. Zach and I take a seat on the couch facing the entrance. With the idea that when we see little kids – will know that class is on. Well the only kids we see walk thru the door are 5-6 yr old little girls wearing tutus. (There are not tutus in music class – at least none that I have seen).

To make a very long winded post short – it turns out that class starts at 10:15. I was 1.5 hours early – better than late! Good news is that Zachio loved class. Only slightly awkward conversation after class with the teacher Miss Teresa – re: Mommy won’t be joining us.

After class we went home had lunch – Z refused his nap. Out of the blue he asked if Petey could come home (Most of you know that can’t happen =( SO we headed out to the humane society to play with the puppies! I tell that story in another post! Needless to say we had a blast!
PS - Bubbie thanks for the aprons!

2 comments:

Gina Coggio said...

Jake, I linked to you. So now this means you have to write more. I love you!

Solo said...

Of course - since you asked so nicely...=)